World-class artificially intelligent algorithms match field-based workers to client-centric timeframes, skills, qualifications and equipment requirements, enabling organisations to determine and deliver the highest standard of field-based services to their clients anywhere in the world.
Schedule solutions can be rerun at the touch of a button to adapt to change. OptifAI can rerun a solution if a client cancels or adds an appointment: as of tomorrow, or in the future, or if a client temporarily increases or decreases their requirements, puts their services on hold or cancels their contract.
OptifAI is easy to use and saves hours of manual labour creating and maintaining schedules to meet service user’s requirements. It is fast, efficient, flexible and most importantly it is responsive towards business needs.
You can rely on OptifAI to deliver:
- Significant service delivery cost savings: More efficient schedules reduce labour and travel costs in the field, enabling you to take on more business without the expense of additional staff
- Enhanced service levels: Ensuring the right skills and characteristics are in the right place at the right time ensuring organisations deliver the highest level of service
- Increased productivity: Boost efficiency and staff utilisation levels
- Administrative efficiency: Save hours of manual scheduling freeing up staff to fulfil other administrative tasks such as reviewing and creating service plans, delivering a better return on investment on their wages.
- Improved wellbeing and employee satisfaction: Design schedules that support employees’ health, safety and work-life balance
OptifAI was developed in collaboration with the University of Nottingham through a Knowledge Transfer Partnership. Years of research and development have resulted in a tool that helps organisations become more efficient and profitable in field-based workforce scheduling.
OptifAI uses eight different criteria to schedule workers to visits:
Continuity of service
Maximises continuity by allocating workers to clients they have previously visited
Minimises the number of workers required to fulfil the visits, reducing the number of workers needed by the service provider, freeing up resources to fulfil new contracts
Maximises the fulfilment of preferred requests by assigning workers with the relevant skills and characteristics to accommodate as many of the clients and service providers’ preferred requests as possible
Worker preferred working areas
Maximises the assignment of workers within their preferred working area
Minimises operational costs by reducing mileage and by using the cheapest worker option to fulfil the visit requirements
Worker area availability
Minimises the allocation of workers outside of the areas they are available to work
Minimises travel time and distance between client visits to reduce travel costs
Worker time availability
Minimises the allocation of workers outside of their available working hours
Each criteria’s importance is weighted to reflect business goals, which results in different schedule outcomes.
Preconfigured scheduling templates
Working in partnership with industry-leading experts and our users we have created seven preconfigured scheduling templates.
Each template matches mandatory visit requirements as a priority and then uses a preconfigured set of criteria to meet business objectives.
1. Worker utilisation and operational costs – Use fewer workers and increase profit margins
2. Continuity of Service – Establish great relationships with clients
3. Preferred Requests – Accommodate as many non-mandatory requested requirements as possible
4. Quality of Service – Accommodate as many of non-mandatory preferred requests as possible using the same workers
5. Profit – Reduce costs and maximise profit
6. Worker Satisfaction – Improve working conditions and create loyal workers
7. Balanced – A balance between delivering quality of service and worker satisfaction
Each template produces a different solution depending on the selected scheduling criteria. OptifAI’s inner logic prevents it from producing unrealistic solutions, however, the human coordinator is always in control and may quickly fine-tune a schedule, either manually or by making changes to the client or worker data.
The OptifAI engine also generates statistical information about its scheduling solutions including, but not limited to, how many visits OptifAI covered in comparison to any existing schedules, costs, profit, travel times and distances, continuity of service and compliance with working regulations.
- Tailored to the organisation’s objectives and values
- Improves performance and profitability while helping provide a better quality of service
- Maximises bottom line
- Consistent and unbiased decisions which are based on business objectives
- Doesn’t have a bad day, go on holiday or call in sick
- Can work around existing visits that do not want to be changed
- Easy comparable solutions – OptifAI allows users to check and compare different scenarios while forecasting profits, continuity of service, travel and other metrics
- Ensures compliance with the European Working Time Directive, Working Time Regulations, corporate policies and more
- Avoid penalties for noncompliance
- Ensure compliance with clients’ booking constraints to prevent damage to business reputation from compliance failings
- Saves hours of manual scheduling
- Make fast emergency adjustments
- More efficient coverage
- Flexible scheduling for different geographic areas
- Minimise travel time
- Flexible schedule management – Users can partially adopt a proposed solution
- The care coordinator is always in control – The AI enhances care coordinator scheduling abilities, it does not necessarily replace them